Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Piper's Second Birthday Party


On Saturday we had my little girl's second birthday party. You may not know this, but I am crazy when it comes to celebrations. I want them to be perfect. I agonize over details. I want it to be picture perfect. I would like to say that this is all for selfless reasons. I just want to make it pretty for my baby, but--let's face it, she's not going to remember the party that I threw her this past weekend. What she will love is looking back at the pictures, and hearing the story of how she pushed her Uncle Matt's full plate of food on the floor, or about how she kept throwing her presents around like they were trash, or how she spent the first few minutes outside playing soccer.

So no, it wasn't all for her. It is also for me. I am firmly aware that I am making memories and traditions. Not just for my daughter, but for me. Everything in my being wants to make life so perfect for that little girl because she so deserves perfection from me and those around her. Even though life is not that way for long--I am going to make sure it stays that way for her as long as I can.

I have been working on Piper's second birthday party since she was 18 months old. I do this for several reasons--mostly to spread out the money, but also because I get so excited planning the theme. Our theme this year was "oh-TWO-dles" It was a Minnie Mouse Clubhouse. I think it turned out pretty great!

What is different about this year's party from last years is that I did all of the decorations myself. I didn't order or buy anything from any Etsy shops. Instead--I used my Cricut machine that my mom bought me for my birthday last year--and I got to work. I became the birthday elf--as I liked to call it. Everything you see was made by me (except for the cake and cupcakes), and I couldn't be happier with the results.








Last Friday night I stayed up late decorating the whole house--and on Saturday morning when P came downstairs--she lit up just like Christmas morning--AND that--I will ALWAYS remember.

What themes are you doing for little one's next party? I'd love to hear about it, and help you out if you need. It is so much fun, and totally rewarding!

Happy Wednesday!
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment