Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas!


It's here! It's here! Another Christmas season is upon us. I am so excited to celebrate with my daughter for the first time ever! Just typing that made a knot appear in my throat. Oh, how much I love having that little girl around. She makes everything in life so much more exciting.

P is extra lucky because she is going to grow up receiving the knowledge and traditions of two religions. I was raised Baptist and my husband was raised Jewish. So while neither of us are what you would call practicing religious participants--we still like to instill the basic ideals in our children. We believe that there is value in a religious education. We hope to expose precious little P to both religions. One day she may choose one over the other, or she may choose neither--that is just fine with us too!

This year she is still a little too young to really understand what it is going on, but I know that next Christmas and Hanukkah will be even better. She will be able to really listen to both of the stories, and really get excited about them both. This year my aunt gave her a Hanukkah Corduroy book, and it has quickly become one of our favorite. P loved to count the candles on the menorah with mommy and daddy! Next year, I can't wait to light the candles with her and have her actually appreciate how beautiful it is when the menorah is full.

This year I am most looking forward to having time off with my little family. The last couple of weeks have been rough as P is at yet another transition in her nap schedule. She has been wearing me out lately. I am chasing her around the house. I'm always kissing her boo boos that are inevitable with a baby as mobile and off the wall as she is. Entertaining her has become a full time job, and unfortunately (for me) I already have one job. So I am looking forward to having two extra hands around to help me entertain my hyper nearly 1 year old.

I have been working really hard on P's birthday preparations. I have made her invitations, food labels for the food at her party, signs for the party, and her birthday chalkboard. I am going to get all of these things printed over the break while I have time. I have become pretty good at making these printable things for her party. Since I couldn't really find what I wanted--I just made my own. So I have decided that I will start an Etsy shop and sell digital prints to moms like me. It's hard to find exactly what you want out there! I know there are a lot of moms out there who have less time than me to make something that agrees with the vision that I have in my head. You can check my shop out here.

And just for fun. Here is a little something I made for the holidays! Think of it as a present from my little family to yours.  You should be able to right click and save to your computer. Then you can print  at home or on office depot (for like $3) and frame. Merry Christmas, and Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment